We are looking for a motivated, hard-working Customer Service intern who is looking to gain experience in marketing, sales, administration, and customer service. We need a person who is willing to wear many hats and be flexible in his or her job description to fit the needs of the sales team and gain a little experience in all areas of the business. This position will be part-time, requiring approximately 20 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Increase profitable sales volume in Consumer Health Segment by:
• Answering incoming customer service calls
• Handling customer complaints and providing appropriate solutions and alternatives
• Inputting customer purchase orders as they are received
• Assisting in office manager related tasks
• Building sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
• Working with Marketing Coordinator to refine social media strategy and best practices by keeping up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapting accordingly and assisting in content creation
• Developing new account relationships/new business opportunities and maximize existing account relationships to grow the consumer health business
• Assisting with placement of orders and other administrative duties as needed
• Opening customer accounts by recording account information; maintaining customer records by updating account information
• Professionally representing Humco and maximizing sales opportunities on calls
• Using Ross and Pivotal CRM daily for account management and reporting
• Performing all other duties deemed necessary by Vice President, Consumer Health
• Physical requirements include sitting throughout most of the day.
• The employee will frequently be required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Specific vision required for close vision, distance, vision, color, peripheral, depth and ability to adjust focus.
Be positive and willing to anticipate the needs of customers and colleagues. Have the ability to prioritize and efficiently execute tasks. Be exceptional at organization and time management.
Requires working around certain mechanical and electrical equipment such as computers, printers, telephone systems, fax machines, paper shredders, etc.
The employee will be able to exhibit and maintain confidentiality and trust within the organization and in business dealings. Such confidentiality pertains to spoken word and printed materials.
Ability to make decisions and set priorities to include recognizing important elements of the job, estimating time needed to perform tasks, and drawing conclusions about problems/situations based on provided facts as needed to identify problems and recommend actions for solutions, schedule work for self and others, work without direct supervision, and respond to emergency situations.
Ability to interact with supervisors, co-workers, and public to include being flexible with work schedules and requests; remaining calm and courteous and exercising self-control when sharing information and when interacting with angry individuals; accepting criticism without over-reacting or getting angry; and being open to and sharing ideas as needed to conduct training, handle complaints and encroachment situations, explain policies and procedures, and maintain good relations within the company and when representing the company in public.
All employees will follow and uphold policies as set out and signed in HHG Employee Handbook.
• High school diploma/GED required. College or university student preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations created in English.
• Ability to write reports, presentations, and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word to create presentations, letters, and analysis is required and will be tested.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.